Veronica Beard is an elevated American sportswear brand that strikes the balance between classic and cool. https://www.veronicabeard.com/ Veronica Miele Beard & Veronica Swanson Beard are sisters-in-law who launched their eponymous brand in the Fall of 2010 with their signature Dickey Jacket. Today Veronica Beard offers a modern perspective on iconic staples and results in a ready to wear collection that is hard wired for real life. These perfectly designed essentials are both effortless and chic, each piece mixing superior tailoring with the highest level of quality and fit.
Veronica Beard is looking for Technical Design interns who can multitask and want to gain experience working at an elevated American sportswear brand. Our team works alongside the Design team and Production team to fit and produce all garments from runway through production. We work closely with our NY based and overseas factories on a daily basis. You will get exposed to how factories perform and produce garments at a quality level. Candidates that study Fashion Design, Technical Design or understand pattern making and garment construction are a plus.
• Fashion Design, Technical Design, Patternmaking
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
• Knowledge of Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop
• Familiarity with design and tech design process
• Experience measuring garments
• Self Starting
• Measure garments & prepare paperwork prior to fitting
• Steam/Press garments prior to fitting
• Prep fit cart prior to fitting
• Attend fittings
• Shoot photos during fittings & upload/edit/organize photos after fitting
• Visit domestic factories in the garment district to review comments and samples
• Organize sample closet